Monday, March 30, 2015

Flora

I've been trying to remember important moments that we shared while I was growing up.

I remember you leading me and Jonathan into the Cracker Barrel gift shop while we were on vacation and telling us we could pick out anything we wanted.

I remember you and Papa throwing a giant birthday party for all of the Arizona grand kids while we were in Disney World, to make up for all the parties you had missed.

I remember you asking me where I got my curly hair from and when I responded from my dad, you laughed and asked me who I thought had given him his curls.

The specific moments are blurred and slightly faded. And there aren't nearly enough of them, with us living on opposite sides of the country. But I will always remember how you made me feel - so cherished and so loved.

This past Saturday, I was reminded that I am not the only one who will remember you that way. Yours was a life spent loving and cherishing people. And, if I end up loving people even half as much as you managed to, I'll consider it a life well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment