Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Livin' the Dream

I've been doing a decent job of not succumbing to the pre-board panic epidemic that is currently running through my class like wildfire. I am still showering regularly. Most of my meals don't come pre-packaged. And I am BUSTING through Parks and Rec (thanks Netflix). With all that being said, I have been having some pretty interesting dreams this semester. So I'm starting to think that maybe, just maybe, my subconcious is starting to feel the pressure. Here are a few examples...

I am studying in one of the study rooms at school. All of a sudden the room turns into a dungeon that is being guarded by a giant crocodile. Apparently this ROUS (reptile of unusual size) is invisible to everyone but me. Because I watch it eat everyone that tries to come and rescue me. Even Lorelei Gilmore. Who was bringing me coffee. Gah...

I am studying at school, in the same room as the above dream, when I feel something in my mouth. I spit out said object into my hand and its a tooth. So, I just toss it in the giant pile of my teeth that is already sitting on the table next to me, and continue studying path. No biggie...

I'm driving in the middle of Nowhere, USA when my truck breaks down. Have no fear, the creepy/persistent guy that had a crush on me in high school is there in an instant. Literally, out of nowhere. Ready to jump start my Tacoma and ask for my hand in marriage. Thanks, Jared. 

And the newest addition...

I'm working in the cadaver lab when I accidentally boil a human heart and lungs in a crockpot. Oops. Then I freak out because I have to tell my PI (principle investigator - real lab lingo, I promise) what I've done. (Note: I don't freak out that I have just boiled another human's heart. No, that's absurd.) I finally get up the courage to tell my mystery PI and walk into his office. Once inside I find Brad Pitt (the PI) who is nonchalantly cleaning his shiny black motorcycle in what appears to be an auto body shop. Once I tell him the news he laughs and says that happens all the time. Oh, and not to let anyone eat the heart and lungs. 

I've got to admit, my subconscious is pretty creative. Plus I don't mind sharing my REM sleep with Brad Pitt. White coats and motorcycles? Yes, please. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment