Thursday, December 3, 2015

Shiny and Bright

It's been one of those weeks where my to-do list seems endless and it's left me wishing there were more hours in the day night (for sweet, sweet sleep).  At this point in my life, it seems that there are medical students who know exactly what they want to be when they grow up. And then there are those of us running around in short white coats who still don't have a clue. I, for now, am solidly in the latter category.

In between studying and making pro and con lists for every medical specialty known to man, I remembered this quote a classmate and I used to always say to each other (usually at 2am in moments of exhausted exasperation, hunched over biochem notes):


One day, when I'm all grown up and all the unknowns that currently keep me up at night are known, I'm sure a part of me will miss the mystery of not yet knowing what will be. So for now, I'll make another cup of cocoa, start a new list, and try to be grateful for a future full of shiny and bright possibility. 

No comments:

Post a Comment