Wednesday, September 10, 2014

My Cat, the Dog

My first big exam of the semester is over! Which means I can get back to doing normal things, like sleeping, cleaning my house, and playing with my cat - who has been feeling very neglected with my non-stop studying the past two weeks. Just ask him.

A photographer blog I follow recently wrote a post "My Dog, The Cat." Which I related to (kind of) since I have a cat, who is really more of a dog.


Internet, meet Jack. A four year-old Blue Russian, known for knocking things off the counter, needing constant attention, and using my macbook as a his own personalized heated seat. It turns out, he is also quite the hunter, as I documented here. His full name is Jack Bristow, and yes, he is named after the Alias character, which is funny since I have never seen a single episode of that show. I adopted him from my good friend almost 2 years ago when Jack the Cat was having problems playing well with others. And by others, I mean my friend's new baby.

During the past two years he has moved with me across the country, kept me company on many a late night curled up next to (or on top of) various medical text books, and been subjected to thousands of snuggles. It's funny how attached we get to the animals in our lives and I am so thankful for the funny little one in mine. So, here's to Jack. The cat who turned my dog-loving self into a crazy cat lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment